As far as introductions go, popsicles don’t need much of one. Like a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a slice of cherry pie, they are summer on a stick. These cool and refreshing treats are perfect for enjoying on a summer day spent on the patio.
And the best part? When you make them at home, they can be a completely guilt-free dessert!
No artificial sweeteners or massive amounts of sugar are needed to make homemade popsicles delicious. All that’s required is sweet fruit!
Use the following recipes and tips to make a delicious dessert for your next backyard BBQ, outdoor bridal shower or alfresco date night.
DIY Popsicle Flavors
When it comes to homemade popsicles, anything goes. Don’t let the following flavor combinations make you feel trapped. Rather, use them as inspiration.
- Peach Pops: ripe peach + lime juice + Greek yogurt
- Coconut & Pineapple Popsicles: pineapple + coconut milk + vanilla extract + honey*
- Mango Lassisicles: mango + Greek yogurt + honey* + salt + cardamom
- Firecracker Ice Pops: strawberries + sugar* + blueberries + yogurt
- Watermelon & Coconut Popsicles: watermelon + shredded coconut + fresh mint
How to Make Homemade Popsicles
Homemade popsicles couldn’t be easier to make. Simple take your ingredients, blend them up (a lot or a little), pour the mixture in a mold, and freeze. It’s that easy!
- Select your ingredients.
- Put ingredients in a blender. Pulse until desired smoothness. (If you want layered popsicles, you’ll need to blend your different layers separately.
- Pour mixture in your molds and add sticks.
- Place molds in freezer until solid.
- Serve cold!
Bonus Tip: Add a bit of whimsy by using themed popsicle molds. Zoku makes a wide variety of options, such as fish, spaceships, and dinosaurs!
* Added sweeteners are optional. Add them if you feel like you need them, such as when you’re using a tart fruit or not-quite-ripe fruit.